Crispy Spring Rolls by @woon.heng 😋 These are filled with crunchy vegetables and makes for a perfect snack! ❤️ Tag someone below who’d love some rolls!
💚 Follow us @veganmeals_recipes for Daily vegan recipes 🌿🌿
Recipe (yields 20-25 rolls)
– 1 package of thin spring rolls wrapper, thaw based on package instructions
– 4 cups of shredded cabbage
– 2 cups of shredded purple cabbage
– 14 oz firm tofu, cut into strips
– 10 caps mushrooms, sliced
– 2 carrots, shredded
Season with vegan ‘oyster’ sauce or stir-fry sauce
– oil for frying
– salt, pepper, toasted sesame oil to taste
– cornstarch slurry to seal the wrapper
Place shredded cabbage in a big bowl, then massage in 1 teaspoon of salt, set aside for 15 mins. Repeat the same step with purple cabbage.
Pan-fry tofu until golden brown, season with a pinch of salt & sauté mushrooms next & season with sauce.
After 15 mins, drain cabbages & squeeze as much liquid out as possible.
See WoonHeng’s IGTV video on how to wrap the spring rolls.
Shallow pan-fry/deep fry spring rolls until golden brown. Alternatively, brush the wrapped rolls with a thin layer of oil & bake them in a preheated oven (450F) until crispy, flipping halfway. Serve with a side of lime chili sauce.